Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling in the News

Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Tim Tebow -

Some friends of ours at church were telling us the story of Tim Tebow today. What an incredible story - I had teary eyes just listening. I am so pleased that this young man is such a positiive role model for everyone - and especially homeschoolers.

Evidently there was a great interview with him on ESPN, so his message is far-reaching.

He is the son of missionaries - his mother had an infection while pregnant with him and their doctors recommended abortion - but his parents refused.

He was homeschooled all the way up through high school. He said that his priorities are: God, his family, academics and football. The interview said that with the passion he puts into football, he can only imagine his passion for his first three priorities.

I am going to check to see is there is a copy of the video interview on ESPN's website.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

wow, so neat, I will have to check it out, thank for sharing...

A women is like a tea bag you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. Quote: By Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Let us know if you find a link!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

I love GOD, my dh , ds18 , ds15 and dd12 with ALL my heart!

"Prayer is baring your soul to the One who loved you before you even knew of Him and letting Him speak to your heart." ---Storie Omartian---

I feel blessed to be on year 12 of Homeschooling!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

http://espn.go.com/

The second picture down on the left side switches. Right above it you can click on Heisman and see his speech. It was really neat. I was rooting for him since our man Sam wasn't in the running. (That is the link to the acceptance speech. I haven't seen the other one.)
Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

ok I am confused on this one, I listen to his speech he never once said anything about homeschooling, he did say he wanted to thank his high school coaches, did I miss something?

A women is like a tea bag you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. Quote: By Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

In Florida homeschool kids can play on ps teams. Here is a link that talks about him more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow I am afraid I am looking like a big Tim Tebow stalker now!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

I tried but couldn't post a link - I'm still new.

Also look at the GainesvilleSun online - it has a great article about Tebow, his family, their convictions, and their homeschooling.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

oh ok I didn't know that. Thanks Jen...

Old 12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

What an amazing story.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Yeah, very good! I'm proud of him and his family for working toward what he was good at!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

I love GOD, my dh , ds18 , ds15 and dd12 with ALL my heart!

"Prayer is baring your soul to the One who loved you before you even knew of Him and letting Him speak to your heart." ---Storie Omartian---

I feel blessed to be on year 12 of Homeschooling!