Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

The Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria

We have our Ships up! We had so much fun. A lot of work, but so much fun. Tomorrow we're putting names on the ship and making people.

http://mamaphotog.wordpress.com/

Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Kim they are great!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Homeschool Spot Addict

we are doing the work pages from www.enchantedlearning.com
but your project is much cooler!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

GREAT job Kim! How fun!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

I love GOD, my dh , ds18 , ds15 and dd12 with ALL my heart!

"Prayer is baring your soul to the One who loved you before you even knew of Him and letting Him speak to your heart." ---Storie Omartian---

I feel blessed to be on year 12 of Homeschooling!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I had looked at enchanted learning and I'm using ideas from there. But dd doesn't like the printables from there anymore. She wants to make the stuff herself. Which is fine by me lol, saves on printing it all out!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

That looks awesome!!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

They look great! I Like how you did the whole scene!
Ds would have loved to have done that instead of all that I had him do he said, would have been more fun and easier mom! I guess I expected him to do things on a more information and more detailed level for his liking. I will remember this one and let him do something like this in the future Explorations we are doing!
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Oh we still do everything else with it lol. But I do an activity with each thing or dd gets bored. Tomorrow she's drawing and labeling her own ship, Friday she'll write a small report about Columbus- important facts, ect.

If I just did bookwork the girl would be bored out of her mind and be begging to go back to regular school. I have to make it "look better" LOL.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

That is awesome! I just may steal the idea! LOL.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I didnt mean to imply that you did not do anything else, I just was saying what he said, you know and I know that a LOT of work went into your ships, he thinks anything other than what he is doing for school at the time, is better than his.. you know the grass is always greener that sort of thing?

Although today with JOhn Cabot, we took turns reading the first section, looked up the flags of two countries mentioned, Italy and England, Found none easily but photo type ones and clip art, I told him to look at dltk, and donna young etc, but we really did nto find what I need. Flags that he can color. We are going to color and stick them on a map, he does not know that part yet because i am finding if I do things in parts we enjoy it more.
I am going to let him make a map on cardboard with paper mache. he can draw the route and place the flags that were placed in the location that was claimed. I think we may do this and continue on wiht all the countries that claimed the Americas, ( okay I just thought this up right now! The flags on a post I thought of a few back, then just now thought of the whole book of countires and states being on a flag map! With US and Canada on the map... Hmm I will need to figure about a double sized printing of it.... Where did you get your big paper for your boats? See you gave me inspiration here! HOW COOL!
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!