Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Other Conversation

Old 04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Mad

So I'm sitting in the library talking to you guys while Jeanne is at Brownies. I'm never allowed to help with anything, and there's never anywhere to sit and wait anymore. A friend of Jeannie's visited the troop with her mom 2 weeks ago and I was the only mom not doing something. Newer moms always leave
, and the leader grabs her chosen few as they walk in each meeting. Come on May!

Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Homeschool Spot Addict

It will come before you know it.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

So go tell her you want to help.

Jeremiah 10:23 (NKJV)
O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Laura,there's a bunch of history you don't know. This troop is a blip. Some of the girls- leader's daughters- are snotty, last year one leader ran off with a guy from online that she knew 3 months. There's a bunch of other stuff, too. I let my daughter stay in there because she and the other girls all like each other. This year the original leader is being very exclusive, and I'm always on the outside. Tonight was their easter party. I told the leader what I could bring and she was okay with it. Well, they used 2 things and left the rest untouched. If she would assign things or at least have a better way of doing things, I wouldn't have 3 bags of unopened m&ms and a carload of unopened peeps.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

ummmm...I'm sorry you're going thru all this....ummmm...what are you going todo with the m&ms and peeps....I can PM my address....ummmm

(did that make you laugh? hope it did)...it will ALL be over soon.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Too late, Krista. My son was overjoyed that all that came home and he opened the m&ms. I actually planned to give them to a nearby charity, because we had wayyy too much easter junk.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Becky, it's a real shame that some adults act this way, especially when they are "leading" activities such as this. With adults who act this way, it is no wonder that children are often clickish. Don't folks realize that kids are watching and emulating them? Is there another troop you could get involved with? Are there other moms who are unhappy with the situation? Maybe you can start a new troop!

Jeremiah 10:23 (NKJV)
O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Homeschool Spot Addict

wait............. I should be in on that car load of un opened peeps.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

As my daughter's browine co-leader I would love to have you help! We have 10 girls (including my daughter and the leaders) and we cannot get ANYONE to volunteer to help with anything. We wanted to try for honor troop and now too bad, neither leader could make the QSP meeting and no one else would volunteer their time (it's a really EASY thing to do)

With homeschooling next year, we may still stay in Browines - but I doubt it.... it's honestly too stressful for me as a leader. We may stick with 4-H and have fun with that.
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky
So I'm sitting in the library talking to you guys while Jeanne is at Brownies. I'm never allowed to help with anything, and there's never anywhere to sit and wait anymore. A friend of Jeannie's visited the troop with her mom 2 weeks ago and I was the only mom not doing something. Newer moms always leave
, and the leader grabs her chosen few as they walk in each meeting. Come on May!

To be honest, I used the think you were crazy. Or at least a glutton for punishment. All I could think is "WHY is this woman putting up with that kind of crap?" and "Forget that. Find new friends!"

Then, as time usually does, it revealed more of the whole story...

I came to realize how immature and shallow my thinking was.
You rock as a mom!

What an incredible person you are to put up with such ugliness so that your daughter can play with her friends!

What an awesome om you are for refusing to allow the rottenness of others to spoil your daughters good time.

You rock.
Seriously, I look to you as an example of how to be a great mom.

And I feel sorry that I thought you were off your rocker on this one. I was very wrong.

You rock!

Come May, you need to have some image of these women and burn it or smething. Maybe you can make cookies that look like them and then, OOPS! You burned the cookies! hahaha....

Ok, that's my bad side showing.

I hope you have a fabulous day knowing that you are an AWESOME mom!