Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 02-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Lesson Plan templates

What do you guys use for lessons planning. A traditional spiral planner, computer templates? Any info would help. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Hey I want to see answers here too!
I want to revamp and revitalise my year! I need it!
I am using SOS this year so follow the lead of the ! if they have them they do that one first, then go on.
I have no set time or organisation for when they do what as of January.
Hope you get lots of info!

Btw, In the past I have used a Planner, Teacher Planner, and Lesson Plan booklets. I have created my own lesson plan s on my computer as well.
I think this year I am just feeling out of it, so will be checking back here for some of the info they give you!
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 02-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Hi there...

I use my Word "Chore Chart" Template and just type it in . I'd be happy to send you a sample if you'd want to see it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

The planner I use is home made and can be found in the files section of the HSIZ site. If for any reason you haven't been approved after you registered....let me know. Several have not received the confirmation email due to their spam filters. I included a few pictures as well. I think it's called planner photos.
http://www.hsiz.org/userPage.asp?userPage=filelibrary

I print/copy all my pages and take it to Office Depot to be sprial bound. I love it that way because I can flip it back and forth when it's on my desk or table.

Let me know if you have any questions or any trouble. We also came up with a planner for those with three where the third is younger and not requiring as much space as older kids but haven't loaded it to the site yet.

HTH

TX
www.hsiz.org

Last edited by She; 02-14-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I have a planner book that has sections for recording a brief outline of what each child does each day, reading lists, writing logs, test resuls, outings & field trips....
But for actual lesson plans, some I follow straight from books, so just note the page numbers in the planner, but for unit studies I make my own. Each unit study is different - let me know if you want more detail
Old 02-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

My daughter is a high school teacher and she gave me a teacher's planner book she had but never used. It is a 40 week, 8 subject planner from School Speciality.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I made up my own Weekly Plan in Word (a 'table') on the computer. On the very top (before the table) I put Name, Grade, and Dates and spaces to fill in. At the top of the table I put the days of the week (horizontally). Down the left side are blank spaces where I write in the subjects/activities. DS7 is in 2nd grade - the subjects/activities are:

* Bible
* Phonics, Letters & Sounds, Language
* Spelling, seatwork
* Reading
* Arithmetic, seatwork
* Science, Geography/History, Social Studies, Health &
Safety (we do different ones on different days)
* Life Skills
* Activities
* Other

This has worked well for me. I've tried other lesson plan layouts, but always came back to mine. I write in with a fine-point pencil as things get added and moved. I just print out (on both sides of the paper) however many I need, several at a time.

If you'd like to see a copy, just pm me and I'll email the file to you. It's mostly blank, so you could fill it in as you like. By the way, I use a 3-hole punch and file them in a binder.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Last edited by dozermom67; 02-15-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Also, if you go to http://www.donnayoung.org/forms/planners/planner.htm you can check out different lesson planner layouts and print them out for free.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 AM

Thanks so much everyone! I'll be checking all of those out!
Old 02-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I make my owe weekly planner too.

A women is like a tea bag you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. Quote: By Eleanor Roosevelt