Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Other Conversation

Old 12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Recipes using Pillsbury Croissants (dough)

What do you like to make with Pillsbury (or generic of) Croissants (dough)? Please share here!

This morning for breakfast I kind of experimented in the kitchen...

I made homemade "Hot Pocket Croissants" with leftover ham (diced), shredded Cheddar Cheese, salt to taste, pepper to taste, garlic powder to taste, and onion powder to taste. I brushed them with egg and sprinkled a bit of cheese on top. I baked them according to the package directions, then, after checking them, let them cook a bit longer, until nice and brown. They were delicious!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking about making up a batch, freezing them individually, and taking them out for breakfast sometimes. The kids really loved them.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I love to make the Broccoli Braid. The recipe is in one of Pampered Chef's cookbooks. I love it. It is great for lunch or dinner or a brunch.
Patty
Old 12-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's#1fan
I love to make the Broccoli Braid. The recipe is in one of Pampered Chef's cookbooks. I love it. It is great for lunch or dinner or a brunch.
Patty
Ooohhh, share, please! Sounds yummy.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I just found this one in another thread:

SLOPPY JOE SQUARES

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. salt
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 pkg. Sloppy Joe seasoning

Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Brown ground beef with salt. Drain fat and add tomato sauce and Sloppy Joe seasoning. Simmer. Press 1 tube of crescent rolls in the bottom of the pan. Top with hamburger mixture and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Place the second tube of crescent rolls on top of the meat and cheese. Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

We do hotdogs, a piece of cheese and wrap the croissant around it (Pigs in a blanket style, only it's veggie hotdogs and a slice of cheddar cheese).

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

I love GOD, my dh , ds18 , ds15 and dd12 with ALL my heart!

"Prayer is baring your soul to the One who loved you before you even knew of Him and letting Him speak to your heart." ---Storie Omartian---

I feel blessed to be on year 12 of Homeschooling!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

A Turkey Cranberry Wreath that's in Pampered Chef's Stoneware Sensations (the classic edition, not the newfangled one).

I have to go dig out the recipe, I'll post later today!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ok, I do have the pillsbury "dough" cookbook every recipe is for the biscuits or crescents...... I'll look through it for the high lights. Of course we do like Deena with either a whole hot dog or the little smokies and wrap in pieces of the dough for little pigs in a blanket.
I also entered the pillsbury contest with what I thought was a winer........cinnamon rolls!
press together 2 cans of crescent dough (when you unroll it it comes out in strips) to make a big rectangle (not a long rectangle, but like you would have if you were making real cinnamon rolls)
spread with softened butter, sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Open a can of coconut-pecan frosting (I do not like the pillsbury brand, I like betty crocker) dollop little dollops of 1/2 the can of frosting evenly over the rectangle, roll up and slice in 1 or 2 inch segments and lay in pan(sprayed with pam) bake until brown and bubbly. Invert after cooling for 5 minutes then dollop the rest of the frosting for the topping.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozermom67
Ooohhh, share, please! Sounds yummy.
I have to find it. I have made it so many times that I now do it without measuring. I'll call my sister because I know she has it because I gave it to her a while back.
It has dill seasoning, chicken, mayo, cheese, broccoli all mixed together. You spread out two containers of croissants and spread the filling, thick, in the center and then fold the dough over in a braid. Let me call my sister and get back to you. The directions make it a lot easier then I did.
Patty
Old 12-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Recipes using Pillbury dough are just great! You can use the cresent rolls to make a veggie pizza. You can also use the biscuits to make mini pizzas. Everytime I make the biscuit pizzas they are a hit. No recipe needed. Just put your sauce and toppings and cheese on top of a biscuit and place in the oven until done. The veggie pizza is different but I will have to dig up that recipe. It is a Pampered Chef one. Pampered Chef loves using refridgerated dough.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Taco Ring

1/4 ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 tbs. water
2pkg. crescent rolls (8 oz. each)

Cook meat and drain. Add taco seasoning, cheese and water. Unroll crescent dough, separate into triangles in a circle with wide ends overlapping in the center and points toward the outside of the pan (or stone!). Scoop meat mixture evenly onto the widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at the center of the ring. Bake 18-20 min. at 375.