Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Homeschool Tracker... Online?

Have any of you used this version? I used the free version for a couple of years, then payed for the Plus version one year. Last year, though, I just used pencil and paper. However, I went to the website to see if I could reinstall Plus because I plan to plan better this year. lol. My biggest dilemma was trying to figure out which computer it would be best to put it on. Online would solve that problem, but at $60 a year (instead of $49 one time). Is it worth it for the extra features not included in Plus?

It also seems that the free version is no longer an option?
ETA: I found the free version. They have it buried on the site now. lol

"Comparing me to those who are conventionally schooled is like comparing the freedoms of a wild stallion to those of cattle in a feedlot." -Colin Roch, 12 year old Homeschooler

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Last edited by Actressdancer; 06-27-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I was thinking about it - but I hate paying twice for something.

Also - our internet isn't that great and I can't risk that happening. Granted - I would love to be able to be somewhere else and "airprint" the "lost" schedule to my printer here (wouldn't that just make my kids love me!)

What finally convinced me NOT to get it..... Quickbooks Online (big huge company you know?) went down for 2 days.... 2 BUSINESS days! I could just imagine the stress it would put me through if my SCHOOL information went down! Especially after all the work I have put into it (I have 1 child's Sonlight stuff ALL in the system already - 1 down - 1 to go!)
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten
Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ug. I really wish they (or someone else) would create an app. That would solve my problems.

"Comparing me to those who are conventionally schooled is like comparing the freedoms of a wild stallion to those of cattle in a feedlot." -Colin Roch, 12 year old Homeschooler

Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

The Well Planned Day is doing something like that - they PLAN on having it sync to an app and kids can log in as well on their i-whatever.

I want an app too - where I could enter in the assignments *like HST* and send the kids their weekly assignments to their app and they can mark them complete and I can check from anywhere as well.

Of course since my kids now have kindle fires - I might just print to PDF and email the thing to them instead for the week or day.

I'd like to try out HST Online - but I really don't want to pay to try something. Watching videos doesn't work for me (too slow internet - richest county in the nation and I can't stream a video)...and I'd like to see what it is like if I access as a student online with a device - would it work etc...
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten
Old 06-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicamarun View Post
The Well Planned Day is doing something like that - they PLAN on having it sync to an app and kids can log in as well on their i-whatever.
I am trying TWPD planner online in the beta right now. It is still very much a work in progress. I think it will be great if they can get it where they envision it going.
ds7-Grade 2 K12 Charter School
Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

A friend just told me she tried an app called iPlan Lessons this week. She can't use it because she's in MO and it doesn't have an hours tracker feature. I asked her for her review beyond that, so I'll let you know what she says. I'm excited if it's good!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

HST Free is here: http://www.homeschooltracker.com/tracker_basic.aspx

"LIKE" Peter & Paul Academy at Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...31024760253273