Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling in the News

Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

PS rejected a model student; she turns to HSing

This story is crazy. This little girl (err, young woman) did the assignment to the letter, exhibited an amazing understanding of her topic, drew relevant conclusions, was praised by the society for the man upon which her essay was based... What did she get for her effort?

Blacklisted from school

http://www.fdfny.org/blog/2012/02/27...hool-district/

"Comparing me to those who are conventionally schooled is like comparing the freedoms of a wild stallion to those of cattle in a feedlot." -Colin Roch, 12 year old Homeschooler

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

wow...not really surprised though..this is becoming a typical scene at ps. The simply remove whatever goes against their own views, yet contradict themselves when they tell the children that they are there to become independent adults...
Old 02-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Funny...I thought it was the homeschoolers who were narrow minded and sheltering?!?!?!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ummm...whatever happened to free speech? She wrote nothing that was vulgar or coarse in any way. She wrote her opinion of an autobiography. You don't have to agree with her conclusions. Jeez.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Wow. Heaven forbid a student say anything negative about their educational experience. :/

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. ~ Revelation 22:20
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ok I live right outside of Rochester. This does not really surprise me. The schools are really bad. They go through Superintendents like anything. The district also does not like homeschoolers. If this family does choose to hs I hope they join a local support group.