Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Moving districts in Ohio?

Hey fellow Ohio Moms!

We are going to be moving in the next few weeks from one school district to the another school district. I've informed the original district of our intent to home school and have received the letter from them. Do I need to notify the new district of our homeschooling status?

Thanks,
Chris

The work can wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won’t wait while you do the work.”
~ Patricia Clafford

Old 09-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Wow, I don't know! If you're HSLDA, call and ask them. If you're not, call the new district and ask them how it should be handled. I would think they would need to know you're there; also, do you need to inform the old district you have moved? Let me know when you find out!

www.freewebs.com/sprite59
Old 09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I wouldn't even have thought of notifying the current district that we are moving! Looks like I have even more phone calls for tomorrow! ugh- I hate moving!

The work can wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won’t wait while you do the work.”
~ Patricia Clafford
Old 09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

We just did this this year and as members of HSLDA they advised me that while it's not REQUIRED, that I should go ahead and notify them to avoid confusion and issues later. I would be more than happy to email you a copy of their exact answer if you wish.

ETA: We are Ohio as well!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

1mom04- Yes please!!! I'll PM you my email address! Thank you for your help!

~ Patricia Clafford