Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Looking for store in Dallas/Ft Worth area

Will be visiting the Dallas/Ft Worth area this coming weekend and have heard there is a pretty good store in the area for homeschool supplies and curriculum. I f I remember correctly, it is located in Ft Worth. Just wondering if anyone in the area can give any info like name, location, etc? Thanks!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

You may be thinking of The Book Cover in North Richland Hills [one of many suburbs between Dallas and Ft. Worth]. NRH actually sits on the edge of Ft. Worth.

http://www.the-book-cover.com/
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

There is also another excellent homeschool store in Lewisville. It is called Home Educator's Resource. I can't remember the street but it is easy to get to and close to Main Street which is off of I-35.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM

The Book Cover is actually a resale homeschool store so if you are looking for something specific you may or may not find it.
Are you talking about Mardel's? It is a Christian book store on one side and then teacher/homeschool stuff on the other. It is in Hurst.
I am in FW, but can't think of a big homeschool store here.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Mardels is the only one I can think of,as well. There is one in Ft. Worth located on Hulen, I don't have the number right on hand, but I usually just google it. I've never been to the Book Cover, but have heard good things.
Wyatt-2002
3 dogs,1 cat so far
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Mardels has new stuff, but only a select few different publishers (from the one I have been in).

The Home Educator's Resource store has new and used and lots of cool stuff and they will order stuff for you if it is not in stock. They will also help you make decisions if you need help. I would highly suggest the drive. I live about an hour away, but I make it there a few times (or more) a year.

Here is their website:

http://www.homeeducatorsresource.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. Will be checking out Home Educators Resource for sure since we will be going down I-35 anyway (coming from OKC).
Old 03-15-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm new

DFW homeschool store

I may be too late but try Creative Arts In Action in Keller area, It is a tiny place but a great resource. Hope this helps.