Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm new

written narrative question in ohio

Hello! We are homeschooling in Ohio and this is our first year for a subsequent notification. We are choosing the written narrative this year. A teacher has reviewed her work and said that she is good. Does she need to write a narrative or just sign the Option #2-Written Narrative form saying that she has reviewed her work?
Thak You!!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I just had mine done this week -- Ohio resident, too.

She gave me a paper stating that "I hereby attest that portfolio of samples of "child's name" 's work was reviewed by me for the 2009 2010 academic work and is in accordance with his/her abilities" Then it is signed by the assessor. I send that paper in with my intended outline for this coming year. That's it!! It's that easy!

As a side note, I don't send my things in until a few days before my school district starts. I want mine to be included with all the rest and just glanced at to make sure I'm in compliance. I don't want to send it in too early and have it super scrutinized. I'm not trying to hide anything, but I don't want any hassles either.

You're doing just fine!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

YEP! MammaKittyCat is right on! That form is considered "written". I am starting on Year 12 homeschooling in central Ohio, and that's what I've always used. I assume you have a copy of the Option 2 form? If not, let me know and I will get you one.

I might also second what MKC said about turning it in at the last possible moment. It is due on the first day of school, whatever that happens to be for your district. If you send it in too early, they've got time on their hands and could pay very close attention to it. If it's sent in sometime the week before school starts, they're really busy and will just give it a cursory glance (unless there's something glaringly wrong!).

www.freewebs.com/sprite59
Old 07-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ditto, what the others have said.

Son - Elijah, 18 - Graduates this year from ps
Daughter - Gianna, 9
Husband - Don - Best husband in the world

Matt. 11:28 Come unto me...and I will give you rest.