Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 05-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Homeschool Teens "Chat"/"Facebook"?

Ok - what happened to fire fly or whatever it was?

Jake is seriously in need of some socialization with other HS'ers - even if it's on a network site since he wants to attach himself to a computer.

Any suggestions?
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten

Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I am going to watch this thread cause I am interested too.. so far we have been okay with ds having dd and ds around but they are growing up without him and I am wondering .. maybe one of us needs to create our own?
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

my girls talk on facebook alot. If you want to add my girls pm me and I will have them add your teen child. My girls are 17 and 15 ok.

A women is like a tea bag you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. Quote: By Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

pmed you but then re read ages, skip the younger hahah! my dd is inbetween yours though and that would be cool!
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

ooo I just read an article on this topic.

There is myspace, FB, ning, http://www.teenhomeschoolhang.com/ http://homeschoolslikeus.com/home.php

Also search yahoo groups you can do a search for national or local groups. Some might involve parents and meeting locally others are just email loops for the teens to "chat" through posts and emails.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Does Jake have X-Box live??? My DS is on there all the time. Since we live so far away from his friends he stays in touch that way.

Honestly, my youngest is just a homebody - the total opposite of my oldest who is a social buterfly. I can remember looking out the back window when she was little - she as walking around to the neighbors houses introducing herself. LOL...she was no more than 5 - it was a really safe neighborhood thankfully, because she was a litle people magnet.

But my son is like me - likes to be at home doing his thing. I can't wait for him to be 16 though - I am totally sending him off to community college for at least a few classes. He's not into Facebook or My Space (Unlike older sister) Heck - he won't even carry his cell phone unless I force him.

The Simple Schooling Online Classroom!

Free American History Curriculum!
Old 05-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

http://www.teenhomeschoolhang.com/

P.H. suggested this spot to Rachael a few years back.

www.freewebs.com/sprite59
Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I sent him to fusefly.com

That's the one I was thinking about.

Too tired to chat right now I promise to get back after this LONG weekend is over.
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
http://www.teenhomeschoolhang.com/

P.H. suggested this spot to Rachael a few years back.
Yes, it filled in some of the "gaps." In fact, I found this Spot, because I was searching for something for DD. Does Rachel still hang out there? Another one is:

http://www.apricotpie.com/newcomments?page=263
Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Yes, she does, but not as much as she use to. This past summer, she went to AWANAS Scholarship Camp. It was a very small group, and the kids really developed a closeness as a result. She's kept in close touch with them on Facebook, so she's not been at the Hang as much.

www.freewebs.com/sprite59