Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Question Epi Kardia

Anyone heard of or used this? I can across a link for it, and think it looks interesting. It's a literature-based CM approach, which I love the concept of, but am intimidated by. (There are four kiddos here!!)

Old 01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ok - here is my take (call me cheap) - but WHY should I pay that amount of $$ ($95) for lesson plans when you can get the weekly ones for something like Ambleside free??

I have an awesome PDF that someone did and posted up on a yahoogroup that tells you the subject, the books and the pages for the week that you need to read. It's easy to break it down that way (even with 4 kids - how old are they anyway can you combine any??)
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten
Old 01-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Pam, never heard of it. Looks great, but like Dana said a little pricey

A women is like a tea bag you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. Quote: By Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Well, I signed up for the email and they do the confirmation letter reallly quickly... did anyone else sign up for it?
I am curious if this is one of those that will behelpful or what, by signing up they were goign to give me two free down loads , freebies always catch my attention but it did nto show me what ones I will get yet sonot sure If I am goign to confirm ornot
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Ambleside intimidates me, too! So, are lesson plans easy to find for it?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

T'mom... I did sign up for the free emails and confirmed it. I downloaded one of them, because there were plans to go with "Paul Revere's Ride" which we will be doing with our American Revolution study.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

ok, I signed up, and dolwloaded the childs garden of verses, did nto see plans to go with Paul reveres ride, that would have been cool
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

What grade are you doing? I'll email you the lesson plans I have.... they ROCK!!!

pretty much you find them on yahoogroups - they even have the pre-formatted texts that go along with each week on there so you can make a "Term Book" divide it with 12 dividers (numbered 1-12 for the weeks) and just use that. I MAY go back to the term book - but I'm not sure - right now Alexis listens to a lot of the books and then tells me about them.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AO_Year03_Notebook/

That is the link for YEAR 3. If you replace the 03 with 05 - you get year 5 stuff and so on.
DD17, DS15, DD13: I think they are doing schoolwork - at least I HOPE they are but I'm not always 100% sure of WHAT it is....
DFD6 - Kindergarten
Old 01-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Next year, I'll have grades 1, 4, 6, and 9. I'll check out the yahoo groups. I know there is a local AO group here in my city.

Replacing the #'s worked great. I'm going to spend some time looking through it!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Remember - you don't have to go by Year = Grade!!! Both grade 1 & 4 could do year 1 or 2 together just different levels.
DFD6 - Kindergarten