Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 01-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

report card needed

Does anyone have a link to a report card template that can be customized, like a Word document? I've found plenty of them in Adobe Acrobat, but I don't have that program.
Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Do you have Word 2007? If so, there are templates in there for homeschooling report cards. You might visit the Microsoft site; they often put templates on there that are free for download.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

You can also download Adobe Acrobat reader for free and fill in the report card by hand (like some schools still do). Just a thought.

I recently just typed up a "plain" report card for my kids to get tokens at Chuck E Cheese. They took them with my HSLDA card as proof that we homeschool. She didn't want to at first but I pointed out that their website said any report card (from whatever source)....or some such wording. Because she could tell I knew what it said and came prepared, she didn't "fight" it....lol...

DD12, DD10, DS8
Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I only have word 2000.... yep, our computer is old!!
I have the Reader part, but I can't change any of the card unless I have the full program, that's why I was hoping to find one in (older) Word.
Thanks though - I appreciate it!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Here's a link to Microsoft's template downloads: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...481311033.aspx

Scroll down and you'll find several homeschool report card templates.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Today I tried to open a document on word 2007....but I only have 2003. I was able to download a converter file thingy though, it was really easy.

I made report cards using donna youngs grade book. They are excel files, and once you download them you can 'unprotect' the sheet, which allows you to customise them. The report card page is more or less automatically generated when you fill in the grade book pages. It took some time, but they came out so well that I will definitely do it again.