I decided to give this a bump myself, since I really am hoping to get some advice.
We did not have class last week b/c teacher was out sick, so that was a breather.
In the meantime, I have found that there IS a space in the Spanish I class (that also used BJU) at our co-op that would very easily work into his schedule.
I talked to his Spanish teacher from last year, and she thinks he never should have gone into Spanish II, but S-I a second time. ( Did not use BJU last year).
Here's the thing, though. Before he ever enrolled in the current class, he met with the teacher at her house for 1 1/2 hours to see if he was ready to take the class. She felt if he worked hard he could absolutely handle it.
We do want something to be challenging for him, but, as I said, not at the expense of him resenting having to learn Spanish.
If we switch to the other class, the total $ I would lose (over the school year) is about $100, but he will also get fewer hours of instruction.
Oh, also...during his Spanish class happens to be when I meet with my prayer partner, and if I switch him, it will be across town at another time. I know this is NOT about me, but, on the other hand, if I do not meet with my accountability partner, I am afraid I will be turning my baby over to DHR.
ANYONE gone through this? I need to talk to her (teacher) tomorrow one way or another.
Dad says it is my call.