Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot > Questions and Tips (about the forum)

Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

Question Question about a signature

When I registered, it said new members couldn't use signatures for a period of time. What was that period? I have tried to find it, but can't. I just want to put a basic one with my name and kids info, no links or anything, but didn't want to violate any TOS. Thanks!

~Jeri

Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

I think it's 30 days AND 50 posts. At that time, you can also post links, and you gain access to the restricted area.

This is a protection thing. It means people can't come just to advertise their business by posting it in their signature. If someone sticks around that long, they become more a part of our "community", and we don't mind so much an "ad" in the siggy from one of "our own". The restricted area allows us more freedom to post information about our families that we don't want any lurkers reading. Also, we have a political restricted area. Presidential elections, especially, bring out the crazies! The last one, we had some lady who came just to tell us how we MUST vote. While many of us actually agreed with her discussion, we really resented the way she went about doing it, treating us as if we were totally ignorant.

www.freewebs.com/sprite59
Old 02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks! I am completely okay with the rules. I completely understand the reasoning and don't mind abiding. I just wanted to check my time-frame so I don't accidentally break them. I'm kind of loving this place, so don't want to jeopardize my chance to stick around. I appreciate you answering me.

~Jeri
Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 AM

Main reason for this restriction is to stop spam. A lot of spammer open account in forums for advertising. So forum administrator take this decision. Please wait for few days.