Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Homeschooling

Old 05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Marshmallow Cannon?

Does anyone know if this will work, I am one paper towel roll short but plan to enclose one end on the inside and one end on the outside of two diff rolls. then try to shoot marshmallows pop gun style?

IF anyone has any easier or better ideas it is for a VBS skit this summer we are going to shoot marshmallows at the audience
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!

Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

We make marshmallow guns using PVC pipe. It's cheap and works well.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

how big? Or rather what size PVC and where to I find it?
"Let no one deceive himself. ... For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor. 3:18-19

High school is not going to kill me! I love it! When I forget what a great day I had today I will turn on the Spot and see the wisdom I receive from all you wise peeps! Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

How big would depend on if you want to use mini marshmallows or the regular ones.

There are tons of instructables on the web to make them in varying styles. This is probably the simplest: http://www.familycapers.com/download...ow_shooter.pdf

Side question: will this be done outside? At least some of the marshamallows will likely get squished underfoot. Speaking from experience with marshmallow shooter wars, the mess can be tremendous. It'll definitely ruin carpet, and it will make even tiled floors pretty gloppy.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

thanks

Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
We make marshmallow guns using PVC pipe. It's cheap and works well.
That's what we did, too - oh man, like 5 years ago!!! LOL LOVE Marshmallow guns!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974
Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

but I just want a straight one, the visual you sent was cool but I want a cannon, one straight cannon?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

We had them out of PVC pipe, too. They sold them at camp, and the middle school boys LOVED them!!! Ours were NOT straight, but gun-shaped (am guessing probably like the ones Shelley linked to!)

www.freewebs.com/sprite59
Old 05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member

we did this one summer and in just a few minutes, all the marshmellows had melted!!! clogged the gun, got everyone all gooey and gross! Where we live its H-O-T (obviously) but keep in mind if you live in a hot climate =)
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

ok I should have said also that I need a low power one to two cannon ball shooter... we have a short say ten fifteen feet of audience at the church we are going to to give this VBS fun