Welcome! Join our discussions about curriculum, lessons and activities, homeschool resources, family, Christian issues, news, and other topics relevant to homeschooling.  

Go Back   Homeschool Spot > Homeschool Spot Forums > Christian Issues

Old 04-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Thanks ladies! I will tell her that her Homeschool Aunties are proud of her!

I do have to say, in general, I'm super proud of the team! We went back today (it was really local, thankfully) to watch her teammate who was in a different age group. We were a team of ONLY 4 girls total at states, and our team placed 10th out of 40 teams. TENTH, with only 4 girls! Our owner said if they place at all it's amazing...so to be 10th! WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!

The team score is calculated by taking the top 3 scores of each individual event, then added up. Every single one of the 4 girls contributed at least 1 score, so they were ALL needed!

Our owner ended up having to go to regionals b/c the main optionals coaches father was in the process of dying and regionals was in VA Beach, so the owner went in his place....so the girls didn't even have their normal head coach with them.

I am super proud! We all went out to lunch today to celebrate, and all the girls are really happy and super proud of themselves, that really lifted my daughter's spirits too to see that she was part of the team, and the team really supported each other!

Thanks for praying. I think this weekend has been an amazing learning experience for my daughter, both emotionally and spiritually. THAT is so much more important to me!!!!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974

Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Tell her Congratulations! they did a great job!

http://homeschoolingaadventures.blogspot.com
Curriculum for sale:
http://homeschoolingaadventures.blog...-for-sale.html
My daughter's shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/theonestopg...op?ref=si_shop

".....yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. "
Ps 37:25
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Great job! She has accomplished a lot!

He is educated who knows how to find out what he doesn't know. - Georg Simmel

Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational.
- Charles Schulz
Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Super proud of her accomplishments- the ones in the gym and in her heart!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

BTW, Krista, we have a book called The Goal and the Glory, written by Christian athletes. It's not super in-depth, but is a good read for kids pursuing sports while seeking God. Some sports take a huge amount of time (gymnastics is one!), but I do feel God can use athleticism to reach others. It's so important to teach them to use any gift and talent for God. I bought it for my dd when our then-pastor lectured us about attending swim meets on Sundays.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcloar View Post
BTW, Krista, we have a book called The Goal and the Glory, written by Christian athletes. It's not super in-depth, but is a good read for kids pursuing sports while seeking God. Some sports take a huge amount of time (gymnastics is one!), but I do feel God can use athleticism to reach others. It's so important to teach them to use any gift and talent for God. I bought it for my dd when our then-pastor lectured us about attending swim meets on Sundays.
Thank you! I will look for that. Does it lecture about not attending church on Sunday for sporting events? THAT my husband will not like! LOL He holds to the "hold no day more sacred than another" type camp....so if she has a meet on a Sunday, we usually do church on Saturday (we home church, too....we are WAY strange! LOL No lettuce worshiping, though, promise!). Or if we know the whole weekend is going to be taken up by a meet (i.e. travel out of state, etc), we fit church in before we leave, when we get back, or while we're on the road, we listen to worship tunes, talk about a passage of scripture, etc.

She's really grown a lot this year regarding her faith and having it made more personal and not just because Mom & Dad do it. The Soul Surfer book, DVD, documentary, and Bethany Hamilton in general, has become a particular inspiration for her. What an amazing role model for her to have!

Anyway...thanks for recommendation, I will look for it....

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974
Old 04-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

No, it does not lecture about attending events on Sunday! It really bothered us that our pastor called us out about it. We were almost always there when we weren't at meets (usually once a month, maybe twice during championship season). We try to implement our faith every day, not just on Sundays at church.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Homeschool Spot Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcloar View Post
No, it does not lecture about attending events on Sunday! It really bothered us that our pastor called us out about it. We were almost always there when we weren't at meets (usually once a month, maybe twice during championship season). We try to implement our faith every day, not just on Sundays at church.
AMEN!!!!! Could not agree more!!!