Interesting!

Discussion in 'Homeschooling in the News' started by Emma's#1fan, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Emma's#1fan

Emma's#1fan Active Member

3. Jackie

Jackie Active Member

I found the comments on the article a lot more interesting than the article itself!!!

4. Actressdancer

Actressdancer New Member

I had to stop reading. Ignorance is frustrating.

5. bunnytracks

bunnytracks New Member

i can't understand why anyone wouldt' want a more clear cut law in place in california. As is stands now if you dont' have a teaching certificate you can't homeschool. I do not see how that law is fine the way it is. *scratches head*

6. Actressdancer

Actressdancer New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused by that. I mean, I can understand why people didn't want a more clear law before last week. But now? I'm lost.

7. Jackie

Jackie Active Member

I think they feel that things were fine the way they were BEFORE the idiot judges decided to misinterpret things. They kind of want to just forget this ruling altogether, and go back as if it never happened. I can understand their hesitancy to get the legislature involved at all, especially considering the pro-gay bill they recently passed.

8. sixcloar

sixcloar New Member

It kind of seems to me that it/s always been illegal, just may be enforced now?? IDK, maybe I don't get it. I also wonder why CA homeschoolers wouldn't want clearer laws to keep this kind of thing from happening.

9. Emma's#1fan

What baffles me is that we have had more than our share of cases where familes are charged or harassed for homeschooling. HSLDA has been able to help the majority of those who were members, whether over the phone or in court. But homeschooling wasn't declared illegal throughout the state until now. As much as I wish this never happened, I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. I am hoping that the world of homeschoolers will take a close look at California and realize that this could be all of America if Hillary becomes President! YIKES!!!

10. Jackie

Jackie Active Member

Patty, I think it's because there's been such a call to "leave" the public schools, as a result of the law that recently passed. This will cause all of those considering it to think twice.

11. Emma's#1fan

This is a good point. The state did a survey, I believe it was early this year or late last year, and the schools in the south of California have seen a significant drop in attendance. Still, the schools are overcrowded.

My pastor brought his ruling up in church today and he told the congregation that whether they believe in homeschooling or not, this issue comes down to parental rights and he prays that every parent will speak out against this.

12. sixcloar

sixcloar New Member

That's what I am afraid of.