PDA

View Full Version : Middle School Principal Sells Meth From Office

MonkeyMamma
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Reason #458,795 to homeschool!

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5715339

MonkeyMamma
10-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Sorry for double post. I don't know how that happened.

MonkeyMamma
10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh and here is another one! A drive by this time. I know these are public school stories but they make me glad I have the freedom to homeschool my kids so I am posting it here.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5715342

my2kids
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
im just...shocked...:shock::shock::shock::shock:

DizneeTeachR
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
im just...shocked...:shock::shock::shock::shock:

DITTO to both stories!!!!

I can't believe the principal had "customers" come to the school!! That's the most distrubing part of the story!!!!

Lisa
10-22-2007, 06:21 PM
We had a Pre-K teacher in my town who was fired for using meth a few years ago. She stored it in her classroom and used during school. I had already decided to homeschool, that just gave me more confirmation.

Lisa

MonkeyMamma
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
These stories just show how you can not trust anyone with the safety of your children!

KrisRV
10-22-2007, 06:50 PM
these are stories I love sending to my family but then they write back and say we are from a small town it wouldn't happen here. But, I say it will happen anywhere..

Kellie
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Times are getting so hard for children. I'm glad we hs.

I think all the media reports regarding birth control pills, drugs, violence and sexuality should send red flags to parents.

I'm so thankful that I am allowed to hs.

MonkeyMamma
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
What is sad is that SOOOOOO many people do not even realize homeschooling is an option.

homeschoolinmum
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Middle school principal gets 2 to 4 years in prison for selling meth from office

THAT'S IT!?!?!

As for the shooting- just sad. Makes my heart break!

Lisa
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
these are stories I love sending to my family but then they write back and say we are from a small town it wouldn't happen here. But, I say it will happen anywhere..

It will happen anywhere. My town has about 5,000 people, tops.

Another one I just remembered that made me think... WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE. A few years ago the school hosted an off campus party for the seniors, with teachers chaparoning. I don't know if they provided the alcohol or if the kids brought their own, but the whole point of the party was to give the kids a place to drink.
:shock: I was like, HELLO people, they are underage.... that's illegal. But pretty much everyone thought it was a good idea. :roll:

Lisa

Actressdancer
10-23-2007, 10:36 AM
That's like the parents who resign themselves to the fact that their kids are going to drink anyhow, so they might as well do it at home where it's "safe". :roll:

MonkeyMamma
10-23-2007, 10:53 AM
That's like the parents who resign themselves to the fact that their kids are going to drink anyhow, so they might as well do it at home where it's "safe". :roll:

My parents actually let me and my friends drink at home when I was a teenager. Now looking back I can not believe they did that. I will never do that! My parents are good people at heart but I don't know why they had kids. They let me get away with anything and everything just because it was easier for them to do that then actual parent me. I try not to feel resentful but it is hard sometimes to know your parents didn't care enough to even try.

Ava Rose
10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow! Just when I thought things couldn't get crazier at schools.

I knew a girl whose parents allowed her to drink at home. Once when she and I were going out, her parents were home drinking margaritas and gave us two for the ROAD!!! Can you believe that?

Sorry that was off topic a bit. lol.

Flowerchild
10-28-2007, 02:06 PM
:cry: This world is getting too crazy for these children. I'm "young", but even when I was in school, we didn't have to worry much about violence, and certainly not principals selling drugs!!!

Sigh.

DizneeTeachR
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
:cry: This world is getting too crazy for these children. I'm "young", but even when I was in school, we didn't have to worry much about violence, and certainly not principals selling drugs!!!

Sigh.

Amen.... We just had to worry about our parents if we got in trouble at school!!!:shock:

Flowerchild
10-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Amen.... We just had to worry about our parents if we got in trouble at school!!!:shock:

Yep! I cannot imagine the pressure that these young people must be under! So sad!

MonkeyMamma
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
When I was in high school we didn't have gangs just clicks. We had fights but they were after school off campus like at a party on Friday night after the football game. Even then it was fists flying - not guns or knives. Sure there were drugs - everyone knew who the pot heads were - but our principal certainly didn't sell it to them!

Oh and when there was a bomb threat we all thought it was great! Usually a couple times a year when the weather was nice someone would call in a bomb threat. We'd all go outside to the parking lot and hang out by our cars or friends cars and crank up the radio. A bomb threat meant a free afternoon. Nobody took them seriously.

Boy times have changed.

Flowerchild
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I KWYM. The kids in my school would have little fights. That was about it. There was some partying, like there always has been, but there were no kids dying from OD. I lost a few schoolmates in car accidents, and one from sickness, but there was never a gun in the place to my knowledge.

I cannot imagine going through a metal detector to get into my school! You have to wonder if half of the problem isn't that a lot of kids don't feel safe anymore. How can you learn when you are in fear?

Actressdancer
10-30-2007, 01:52 AM
You have to wonder if half of the problem isn't that a lot of kids don't feel safe anymore. How can you learn when you are in fear?

There was a news story recently about a young child who took a gun with him to school just for that reason. He was so scared of someone else coming in with a gun and shooting people that he felt the only way to be safe was to steal his dad's and keep it in his locker. This child was in elementary school.

What bothered me most about it was that he was expelled. I mean, this kid wasn't a threat, he was afraid of the threats. But the school treated him like a criminal (which I guess, technically, he was).

I just looked and I can't seem to find the story. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow when I'm actually awake.

Flowerchild
10-30-2007, 11:55 AM
There was a news story recently about a young child who took a gun with him to school just for that reason. He was so scared of someone else coming in with a gun and shooting people that he felt the only way to be safe was to steal his dad's and keep it in his locker. This child was in elementary school.

What bothered me most about it was that he was expelled. I mean, this kid wasn't a threat, he was afraid of the threats. But the school treated him like a criminal (which I guess, technically, he was).

I just looked and I can't seem to find the story. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow when I'm actually awake.

Oh my! Poor kid! Things like that make me wonder. I support a person's right to bear arms, but I do not own any guns. I never did like guns.

I remember when I had just graduated HS, they put security guards at an elementary school not far from where I lived because of similar problems. I had heard at the time that there was a kindergartener who took a gun to school, but I don't know how true that is.

I can somewhat understand the position of these schools with their punishment codes. You shouldn't have guns in school, after all, but I do not think that penalizing individuals is really going to make much of a difference. And I never did understand expelling a child over things like that. That's just what they need, more time on the streets or in homes where they are sometimes little more than shadows. It seems to me that a lot of this stuff is just adding to the culture of fear and hatred. I would appreciate seeing a school take different types of action, like maybe, I don't know, talk to these children? Listen to them? Let them tell why they are scared and do something about it? Hmm.

Poor babies!

OctoberMom
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
WOW! I'm shocked.....