PDA

View Full Version : What could be coming?

Ohio Mom
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Has anyone heard the interviews on Glenn Beck about the schools? This is another reason that I'm glad I'm hsing.

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/09112007a.shtml

Very interesting.

Bry's-Gal
09-11-2007, 08:33 PM
That is chilling.

Jackie
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
There's nothing to be said. I'm in shock.

SoonerMama
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, I listen to him. I have wondered about something like this since Beslan in 2004.

KrisRV
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
hmmmmm, I don't know what to say....

4kidsmom
09-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Im speechless also.....

JenniferErix
09-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Considering how blisteringly easy it is to get into the country undetected and how incredibly easy it is to walk onto a public school campus (At least around here..) . . .

I have to tip my hat to whomever is responsible for all those things they have done to derail the plans of the bad guys. Because something should have happened by now. And although something may happen tomorrow... having 6 years of relative peace on our own soil is NOT a small feat.

I do believe there are many things that go unmentioned on the news, due to security reasons, and whatever they are doing to help keep us safe is working. It may not be perfect, nothing is. And another attack may happen.... but "They" whomever they are... are doing a bang up job! (Pun not intended)

I learned Russian a few years back. And with the Beslan School situation . . .. I read some of Russias online papers. They do not have the same natural self-editing of information as we do and they print everything. You do not want to know what I read, because I wish it were out of my head.

It could happen, but the fact that it has not, yet is a testimony to someone doing something right. At least to me.

Codi
09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Well said Jen!

I love Glenn Beck, although I want to prentend I'm in my own happy little world so I have to turn it off. BUT, I know he knows what he's talking about.

SoonerMama
09-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I love Glenn Beck, although I want to prentend I'm in my own happy little world so I have to turn it off. BUT, I know he knows what he's talking about.
Me, too! Some days it is just too much! I don't want to stick my head in the sand, but I don't want ALL the details, you know? And I agree--it is AMAZING that we have not had something big happen. If you had said that would be the case 6 years ago I would not have believed it.

Bry's-Gal
09-12-2007, 07:21 AM
I think it is important that our leaders hear the positive. So often they are bombarded with the negatives and all the things that are going wrong. Like it has been said, it is amazing that worse things have not happened since 9-11 and it is our leaders we can look to.

MonkeyMamma
09-12-2007, 09:06 AM
I just read the whole thing and as frightening as it is it surely would not surprise me if something like that happened at our schools. I'm just so glad I have my kids home with me.

I don't want to appear dumb but I had never heard of Glenn Beck. What show is he on?

SoonerMama
09-12-2007, 09:07 AM
He has a radio show (you can probably look it up from his site) and a TV show. The TV show is on cable, so I can't watch it.

MonkeyMamma
09-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh I can't watch either then. I'll have to look up what radio station he is on.

Marylyn_TX
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh.. I feel sick. :( Father, have mercy..

SoonerMama
09-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I am thinking that he has said he and his wife plan on homeschooling their kids. Does anyone know if I just made that up?

seekingmyLord
09-12-2007, 10:43 AM
It's not surprising--Lord, I how wish it was! When the terrorists attacked in 2001, I expected that they would, at some point, try for our children and what better place than large public schools.

JenniferErix
09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I thought he was a homeschooling parent, too.
Did some diggin'. I am not the best researcher, for sure. Could not find a definite answer.

Here is his bio on wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck#Personal_life

And his tv show is on CNN's Headline News, in the evenings.

SoonerMama
09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
So maybe I am not totally crazy. Or if I am, I am not alone.:lol:

JenniferErix
09-12-2007, 11:06 AM
You are not alone!
Hahahahah!

becky
09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm surprised Glenn Beck is so well liked here. He holds nothing back, that's for sure!

Codi
09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he has said he's going to homeschool his younger kids. We LOVE Glenn Beck, I love that he doesn't hold things back and that he does tell the positive things happening!!

Ava Rose
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I love Glen Beck.

Oh and almost everything Jen said was on my mind. Except for the reading Russian..I am not that talented.

This whole thing is scary. I am happy my kids are home but I am scared for the kids who are not.

Kellie
09-13-2007, 04:32 PM
We have been watching the program and it's really scary.

I did tell a friend of mine about it and how they plan to target jr. & elementary schools because it would be easier to gain control verses high school.
Answered I received it doesn't matter because if you know Jesus then you will know where your children are going.

I'm do agree but I do not want to see children suffer.

Point being, it amazes me and saddens me to see how people justify, deny the problems we have in this world.

Jackie
09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
As much as I agree with the comment, I think I would have gone off on anyone who said it, just as I would probably go off on anyone who says, "Well, since I homeschool, my kids aren't there so it isn't MY problem!" I know the people here care about ALL kids, not just their own!

JenniferErix
09-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, not everyone that I know are homeschoolers... we are practically the only ones in our familes that homeschool and we ARE talking about human beings, right?

So, regardless of where children go to school having another Beslan is NEVER "NOT" a worry!

Ava Rose
09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Amen ladies! Although I don't think anyone here wants to see any child suffer...we do need to remember that this is all of our concern not just parents with kids in school. Just because a child goes to school does not mean that child is worth any less than my own or that the parent is not as good as me. I know we all know that. Of course we do... and I doubt anyone meant to imply that or thinks that. Human nature often allows us to dismiss things aren't in our backyard. This is in everyone's backyard.

Kellie
09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Trust me, I was just as upset.

Her kids do attend public school. I view it as sticking your head in the sand hoping it doesn't happen to you.

I love her but just want to scream at the top of my lungs, wake up!!!!!!!!!

That's not nice but that's the mood I'm in. It hasn't been a good mommy day.:cry:

Kellie
09-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Sorry, guess I should have made that known earlier.

SoonerMama
09-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Answered I received it doesn't matter because if you know Jesus then you will know where your children are going.

:eek: So does she not take her kids to the doctor? Does she not buckle them in? Does she let them eat raw poultry??? There are dangers in the world, and yes it is great that we will be with Jesus when we die, but shouldn't we value the life He has given us here on earth?

And if she doesn't care about that, is she not concerned about the calamitous impact on the economy if something like this were to happen? And that though statistically her child's school likely would not be the site of a terrorist attack, it would greatly impact her child psychologically?

I am sure that is what everyone else has been thinking, but I have been out all day, so I am just now saying it!

I keep having to edit this because apparently going to the fair made my grammar skills go into hiding.

JenniferErix
09-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Earlier post update:

RE: Glenn Beck and Homeschooling....
Glenn Beck tonight, said that he spoke to his Exwife about his one child that is in public school (About this plan, of what would happen if a school is taken over...).

Knowing he has two younger children, it sort of confirms what we thought. That his younger ones were homeschooled. It is just hard to nail down.

SoonerMama
09-14-2007, 12:41 AM
See? We do listen! Sort of...

Ohio Mom
09-14-2007, 02:52 AM
My dh listens to him all the time, I asked him if he hs's his children and he said, Yes.

Actressdancer
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
I feel so out of the loop. I had never heard of Glen Beck until this thread...lol.

MonkeyMamma
09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Me either Amie!

I even got hubby to read this article. Very intense and scarey but also very real and possible. Not only possible but probably as well! Yes my kids are home safe with me but not all my friends kids are safe at home. Not all of my daughters friends are safe at home. Not all of the children form our church are safe at home. Children suffering that type of cruel torture whether you know the kids or not is heart wrenching. Why does this world have to be such a horrible place?

Kellie
09-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I believe we need to be in prayers for our children (by that I mean every child).

Not only regarding the plans towards the schools but in general. Children are being treated as disposal items. Just watch the news and how horrific children are being treated around the world.

Just my 2 cents, it breaks my heart how this world has spiral downward and children are the innocent victims.

Jackie
09-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Absolutely, Kellie!

Ava Rose
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Amen, Kellie!

Ohio Mom
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I feel so out of the loop. I had never heard of Glen Beck until this thread...lol.

I never heard of him either, until my dh was talking about him. I'm one to hide my head in the sand and pretend it won't happen. My dh tries to keep up with the news and issues. He tells me what he thinks I want to hear. I can't stand watching the news. He listens to him on talk radio. I guess he is on for 3 hours in the morning.

JenniferErix
09-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Glenn is an old radio guy. His current tv show, on CNN Headline News is a little over a year old. (I've seen it since the first show) But not all eppisodes...

Anyway, the last radio talk show that I worked on (Before I quite to raise my babies) was headed by a guy who used to be Glenns partner "back in the Day" on another radio station.

Lemme see if I care scare up some old photos....

JenniferErix
09-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Here ya go..
Some picks of Glenn Beck and Pat back in around 1989-91???

JenniferErix
09-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Also, I am a dork, because I should have known he homeschooled the youngest, because the guy in the photos with him, Pat Grey also has been homeschooling since 1990! And it had come up in discussions before. When I talked to Pat Grey last, I mentioned that I never intend to go back to work, as I am homeschooling my critters and so . . . .

WOW! I have sooo forgotten about so much from my former (PRE KID) life!

Jackie
09-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Dr. Laura was on the radio here every morning from 9-noon. The morning of 9-11, that changed. She was off, and Glen Beck was on the next day. He is no longer on here, but I would listen to him on occasion.

becky
09-14-2007, 10:40 PM
JenniferErix, that one picture shows B104, WBSB. Is that in Baltimore?? I thought we had a Glenn Beck back in the early 90's, maybe late 80's.

JenniferErix
09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Yup!

JenniferErix
09-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Every now and then, you will here a "Character" voice come on Glenn Becks radio program as a "Guest". It is actually the guy in the photos with him above... Pat Grey. They are hilarious together.

He has also been on Glenns TV show. More so last year.

They are the only two in broadcasting that I know of that walk the walk of the talk they talk.

This actually means I don't know too many people anymore, not a direct indictment against any other broadcaster.

Just wanted everyone to know that Glenn really is the real thing.

becky
09-15-2007, 12:23 AM
If I remember right, Glenn Beck was a call in 'listener'
at first! His calls were regular, but sporadic enough, I guess to seem random. They made a big deal about his voice sounding professional for just a 'listener'. Well, what do you know! I knew him when!!

SoonerMama
09-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Is that a ponytail in that one picture? That is hilarious!

JenniferErix
09-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Yup. Ponytail int he studio.

JenniferErix
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
This is me at KILT in Houston in 1997....
http://www.jennifererix.com/myspace/Lisawrk.jpg

mamamuse
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Wow. I had to go talk to DH about that article or I knew I'd never be able to sleep tonight. I wanted to cry and throw up simultaneously after reading that.

Yes, my kids are home with me, but so many of our friends' kids go to public school. And I have many friends and family members who teach in them, too.

Thanks for the wake-up call to PRAY.

DizneeTeachR
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry I'm a little late coming into this. I saw this on A to Z forum.... It goes along with this. These are the episodes. They are between 10-12 mins a piece!!! Definately scary stuff. As a former public school teacher this is VERY scary to me. As I watched I & they were saying don't stay locked down ... I was imagining my old room & where I would take my youngsters!!! Just thought I'd pass this along for any of you wanting to see it. #3 is not for children (I believe) they talk about the Russian school in DETAIL!!! My heart breaks for what that school & families had to deal with!!!

The four videos are listed under the caption: Exposed: The Perfect Day at the link below.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/glenn.beck/