PDA

View Full Version : Flat Stanley

Trish
07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone would like to host a Flat Stanley. We did one last year but it didn't make it home. The lady who's husband died kept it. I sent her the money to send it back to me and she kept that with no Flat Stanley. It broke Vicki's heart. I emailed and emailed but she has not responded. I am scared to send more money because if she didn't send it the first time I know she won't the second time. I am sorry for the one's who did it for me last time because Vicki never got to see your stuff.

Please let me know if you are. Thank you

abcTammy
07-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Trish,
My kids would love this. You can count us in.
Tammy

Earthy
07-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Whats a Flat Stanley?

HeidiPA
07-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Trish~
We've never met a Flat Stanley before, but we're willing to try if you'd like him to visit Pennsylvania. I'm sure the girls would get a kick out of it.
Heidi

Trish
07-21-2004, 10:11 PM
There is a book in the library called Flat Stanley. A little boys goes to bed and during the night cardboard falls on him and makes him flat. Because he flat he can anywhere in a envelope. They mail him to different places to see things. It is really cute. You can make a flat stanley out of a pattern for a teddy bear or something then mail him to different people. They let him visit for awhile and their town. You can talk pictures with him. Anywhere you go he goes with you. While you have him you tell about what you have done. Hopes this help.

Earthy
07-22-2004, 02:32 PM
So, the person who makes it first and sends it around, ends up getting it back. So, if you want to actually keep it after it has traveled around. Then you must start it. Correct so far? I want to make one!!!!! It sounds like a cool idea!

Kristy
07-22-2004, 03:43 PM
:lol: Boy Oh Boy I think that sounds kind of fun. We were suppose to do it last year and never got in on it. Must of got lost some where. But, sure sounds like alot of fun.
Let me know what we have to do. I can do one if you want too. I will have my little ones make one and send it off.
Kristy TX

Trish
07-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Nellie,
That is right. If you want to start one you get it back. I will be willing to host one for you. Kristy I would host one for you also.

Do all who wants to host him for Vicki care if I email you seperately for addresses and everything.

Anonymous
07-22-2004, 10:16 PM
:?: Ok What do I have to do to host one? Let me know ok
Kristy

Anonymous
07-22-2004, 10:17 PM
:?: Ok What do I have to do to host one? Let me know ok
Kristy

HeidiPA
07-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Trish~
You can e-mail me.
Heidi

Trish
07-24-2004, 09:56 AM
I will get in touch with everyone in a few days. I need to get everything ready.

Kathe
07-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Trish ... here's a question for you (we've never hosted a Flat Stanley either)....

Your description said that anywhere you go he goes with you and you can take pictures, etc.

Well .......... what if you don't really go anywhere too thrilling?? Like, what if you only go to, say, the dentist, or day trips here and there ... would you include a written summary of where Flat Stanley went?? I mean, we might possibly bore the heck out of little Vicki if we hosted him here in Eastern Canada !!! :roll:

Kathe

Trish
07-24-2004, 11:26 AM
I promise you if you just pictures with Flat Stanley playing outside your house with the kids she won't get bored. You can take pictures of flowers you have up there. We sent some pictures with someoneone time of Vicki doing Karate. If you eat out at your favorite resturant. You can go for a walk in the woods play in the park. Doing school work. We will fascinated with just the fact he got to go to Canada. My husband will be mad because it isn't him. He really wants to visit up there some day. Truthfully if he had the land and the money he would be there today living.

Trish
07-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Kathy I got so excited about Canada I couldn't type straight. I hope that does make sense. If it don't I will redo it.

Kathe
07-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Oh good ... then if the mere mention of "Canada" got you THAT excited, my pictures won't have to be too riveting LOL !!!

Count us in, Trish. I emailed you.

Kathe

Trish
07-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Kristy & Nellie,
If you are interested in doing this please email. I would love for Flat Stanley to visit you. Just let me know.

Anonymous
07-28-2004, 12:10 AM
My cousin's son sent us a Flat Stanley in June. It was for the library's summer reading program. Our trip this summer was to visit Chicago, which is where they are from, so when we got Stanley we were back from our trip. We live in Arizona, so I just took pictures of him with my kids here. I had him climbing our citrus trees, riding our horse, helping feed the chickens, sitting on the sheep, standing by the turkey, almost getting eaten by our goats, in the pool, and then in bed. I kind of sent it back like a scrapbook, with little captions under each picture, and a tidbit of info. On one page I have him in an orange tree, then I wrote(as Stanley), "I never knew orange trees had thorns! Ouch! I learned the hard way." I did this with the animals too. It was fun. It is so hot here right now, we didn't go anywhere and the roads were closed for a trip up north for different scenes due to the fires. It was alot of fun though. :lol:

Trish
08-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Vicki got Flat Stanley ready to go to today. We will mail him Friday. I warn you he has the chicken pox real bad. Vicki wanted him to have the chicken pox. Heidi I will start with you if that is okay. Let me know.

moondancer7825
08-05-2004, 02:05 AM
I got a question on how this works.

How do you mail Stanley? DO you make up a scrapbook to mail with him and everybody makes an entry and mail him to the next person? Or does he come back each time so that you can add the pics to a scrapbook and mail him on to the next person? Or does each person mail back the pics to you and then they mail stanley to the next person?

Just wondering. I'm on another board for parenting and pg and we were thinking of doing this over there.

I would of course love to be involved in someone elses Stanley project.

Trish
08-05-2004, 06:12 AM
Hey Moondancer,
Flat Stanley can be mailed in bigger envelope. Lorna made mine. She used a piece of real thin poster paper. Flat Stanley doesn't have to be big. She used a pattern that she had of a teddy bear and cut him out. Vicki decorated him. Whoever gets him can put anything they want to in it. When I get one I send pictures of where we have been and post cards of what our town looks like. You tell about what he done each day with you. You can write that on a piece of paper. I would even put about the school day. If you go out for dinner or lunch. Any kind of sporting events your children or in. I took pictures with Vicki at karate.

HeidiPA
08-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Trish~
That's fine to start with us. We're excited to host him.
Now, we've never done this before; but we'll try our best to entertain him.
Heidi

HeidiPA
08-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Trish~
We're leaving for Lancaster for a few days on Tuesday.
I'm sure Stanley would love Lancaster because we've got lots
of fun things planned, including going to see "Noah" at Sight & Sound,
and maybe doing a Corn Maze. We could take lots of pictures!
So, hopefully he will arrive here before we leave!
Heidi

Jimmie Lu
08-05-2004, 03:24 PM
I hosted someones and Flat Stanley want everywhere in my pocket It was cool to see pic's of myself with a paper doll hanging out of my pocket. And hey Flat Stanley needs to go to the dentist just like everyone. We just came back from Mexico and I took 2 on the mission field with me. Amazing the mexican guide knew all about him. One was called Daisy head. that was different. we have a flat Stanley that went over to Hillsong in Australia and we learned about what goes into Praise and worship/CD recording. So you can send him about any where. Lets see I use to have a web address that had a template for a Stanley but I cant seem to locate it. Ill try again and post it later.

Kathe
08-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I found a site that has Stanley and Stacie, Jimmie Lu ...

http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/template.htm
http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/girl-scouts.htm

He looks kinda cute LOL. If he were photocopied (enlarged, too) and laminated, he'd survive a really long trip, I think !!!

Kathe

Trish
08-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Heidi he is on his way. I mailed him priority. I hope he gets there Monday. Enjoy him.