PDA

View Full Version : Your Home School Name

Earthy
06-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Do you have a name for your home school?

I was filling out the application for Bookit and there is a place for 'homeschool name'. hm... Made me wonder if everyone has a name?

So, I am going to be thinking on this and am interested to hear if anyone else has a name.:D

Anonymous
06-04-2004, 05:50 PM
We had this discussion on ABCTeach a while back. Many of us do, many don't. Many who don't would fill out the form with "XXXX Family Homeschool". My family is now "The Way of Wisdom Homeschool".

Trish
06-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Our's is Vicki's Homeschool. When you only have 1 child it is easy to name it.

She
06-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Yep filling out forms will get ya thinking. ;)

I named ours Calvert Academy since I am such a creative thinking and oh yeh we use Calvert. HA! Sometimes I put Calvert HS Academy.

tandy
06-04-2004, 10:54 PM
our last name is Drye. Our school started when we lived on the family ranch that was called Drye Acres. So our school is Drye Acres Elementary. I may have the kids decide on a name for middle school and then high school. It is fun for them to tell public school people that they attend Drye Acres Elementary.

Tandy:D

Mom2ampm
06-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Our name is Miller Homeschool Academy. I like the idea of having a school name. It lets the kids (and myself) have some identity and a feeling of belonging. If anyone asks where they go to school they can say Miller Homeschool Academy. ;)

Kim R
06-05-2004, 09:06 AM
To be different;) ours is Hafadai Homeschool complete with t-shirts, letterhead, newsletter, etc. It is pronounced half a day. Just a cute way to say that our school day is about half as long as the usual public school day. (It's real meaning is hi or hello in Guam, so my daughter goes to hi school):)

Have fun with naming your school!!
Kim

CrystalB9
06-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Very creative Kim! ;)
I gave my kids the job of coming up with a name and to date none of them have or we dont all agree. For now everyone calls us the Bryan Bunch. Our last name is Bryan and since we are a blended family very similar to the TV show The Brady Bunch we adopted that name by most family and friends. :p

abcTammy
06-05-2004, 02:26 PM
We call our school, The Right School ~
Tammy:p :rolleyes:

HeidiPA
06-05-2004, 03:19 PM
We have named our school "Westfall Academy" after the street that we live on. (Funny thing in the local elementary school is also on this street! Oh well!)

Crystal- after meeting you the other day, I thought how like the Brady Bunch your family is. How cool is that?!?!

I think it's fun to have a name for your school as well. That way you don't have to think of something to fill in on those forms, etc.

Heidi