PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Story Caution if you are Squimish

vantage
05-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Disturbing at best. Wait until you read the last two lines where they mention they teens are homeschooled. I hope the press does not run away with this and blemish homeschooling.

I am afraid that more and more you are going to see where kids like this, who I am assuming were not homeschooled until as a last ditched effort, are paraded around as examples of homeschooling.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5764886.html

MamaBear
05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
How repugnant! Nothing surprises me anymore!

Sunny
05-09-2008, 04:51 AM
That seriously makes me feel like throwing up. Why use a skull to do drugs? And way did they fel the need to put the boys were HS? There was no reason for that, that I see.

timkelmom
05-09-2008, 08:50 AM
While this story disgusts me, I agree that the mention of home schooling was not necessary to relaying the story. It was just another way to try to discredit home schooling.

becky
05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
You know, when a school aged child here is in trouble, they do mention what school the child attends, plus their grade.

KrisRV
05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I really don't think it's going to mean anything if they are homeschool or ps those boys need help, bottom line.

Jackie
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I agaree with Becky. (My original post disapeared; probably my fault!) They mentioned homeschooling just as a statement at the end; they did not make anything out of it. If they had attended a public school, the name of the school would have been included. (That's not to say that OTHERS will try to make something out of that fact!)

seekingmyLord
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
You know, when a school aged child here is in trouble, they do mention what school the child attends, plus their grade.

I was thinking that same thing. I am sure the parents who have children attending those schools feel the same way about the school being mentioned as I do that it was reported the boys were homeschooled.

dawninns
05-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I guess I'll be enrolling the kids in public school now so they can learn how to make a proper bong.

MamaBear
05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I guess I'll be enrolling the kids in public school now so they can learn how to make a proper bong.

I am sure there is an on-line class available,
Bong Making 101! LOL :D

My kids found a bong when they were mowing someone's yard. My ds' thought it was a pretty vase! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Jo Anna
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I also don't see the point of throwing that they were homeschooled in there. How would that make a difference. Heck by the sounds of these kids, the hsling probably was a last resort!:lol: JMO

becky
05-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I am sure there is an on-line class available,
Bong Making 101! LOL :D

My kids found a bong when they were mowing someone's yard. My ds' thought it was a pretty vase! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

And a lapbook! Surely there's a lapbook about bong making to be done!

becky
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Seriously, though- I wonder what these 2 have done that no one has discovered yet?

MonkeyMamma
05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Holy crap I just realized this happened about 15 minutes from where I live. I was just browsing the local news online and found another article about it. Wow that is sick!

Ava Rose
05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
That was a nutty story. What kind of a mind came up with that idea? Crazy.

I agree with the others that this does not discredit homeschooling. When young people are involved a school and grade are always mentioned.

Birbitt
05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I can't imagine what those boys were thinking, that's terrible. And I don't think that it makes homeschooling seem worse than public school considering how few articles of this nature are seen when homeschooling is actually mentioned.

mommix3
05-13-2008, 09:50 PM
That is DISCUSTING!! I didn't even read the article. I got as far as the headline and that was enough for me.

JenPooh
05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Well, sometimes they do mention the school and grade, but not always. In this story, the fact they are homeschooled doesn't even have anything to do with the offense so why mention it? It's almost like they had to say "oh yeah...they were homeschooled by the way". :confused: Makes no sense. I guess if they would have brought it up at the beginning of the article it wouldn't seem to odd to just have it thrown in there at the end.

Earthy
05-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Obviously they weren't being homeschooled at the time this occured...were they? :roll:

(besides the fact they are idiots and should be punished) I wonder how long they have been hs'd.

Jackie
05-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Probably since the public school people threw up their hands and kicked them out, lol!!!

Earthy
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Probably since the public school people threw up their hands and kicked them out, lol!!!

That is what I was thinking.

JenPooh
05-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Jackie, I'd be willing to bet you're right.

becky
05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Well, sometimes they do mention the school and grade, but not always. In this story, the fact they are homeschooled doesn't even have anything to do with the offense so why mention it? It's almost like they had to say "oh yeah...they were homeschooled by the way". :confused: Makes no sense. I guess if they would have brought it up at the beginning of the article it wouldn't seem to odd to just have it thrown in there at the end.

Here's a good example of what I mean- last night on our news there was a story of a 16 yr old who killed his mother with a baseball bat. They told his address, his school, what sports he played there, his academic successes, and even where his dad worked- including a picture of the factory and what shift he worked. I used to work there, and recognized it immediately. Did we need to know the kid played baseball, or his other after school activities? No, but it kind of tells you something about him before he did this wrong thing. Did we need to know his dad worked at SuchandSuch Factory on second shift? No, but there again, I think it tells you how normal this family was before all this. Did we need to know the mom worked at DoWeRook'EmAndHow Accounting in Baltimore? No, but it's the same idea- it just gives you insight into who they were before all this happened. If the two in this story attended IdiotsRUs Academy, I think they'd have put that in there just as quick.

Sabrina
05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
The people of the community have come together to rebury 11 yr old Willie Sims who died in 1921. They are fixing up the grave yard, too. I am glad that something good is being done to remember him besides this awful thing.

nancy sv
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I just now read this thread, but the story isn't there any more. can someone recap for me what happened?